Our Ford 8n was purchased as a project to teach us how to work through the many challenges that fixing a tractor of this age provides. After purchasing the tractor we realized that we had 4 different cracks in the original engine and purchasing a parts tractor would hopefully allow us to save some money, with parts purchases in the future. We found that we needed other parts and upon selling the parts tractor after it served its purpose for us, we were able to break even. The rest of the restoration went smoothly. The most time was spent on preparing the metal for paint, and we had some help with making the clear coat was done well. The restoration was challenging but with our research and some advice from other experts, we feel our Ford 8n has become a very nice restored tractor.